The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy." Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
Who can/should take this class: There are no prerequisites for this class. This Level I certification is a requirement for anyone wishing to proceed to Level II or Master Reiki practitioner. Reiki is accessible and beneficial to anyone, even if your end goal is not to form a Reiki practice of your own, receiving the Reiki placements tends to be a profound spiritual experience on its own.
In this 8 hour class you will receive:
- Reiki I Manual
- Foundational knowledge of origin of Reiki and how it has been utilized throughout history.
- Basic overview of anatomy as it relates to Reiki practitioners
- How to perform Reiki on self and others
- Guided Meditations
- Hands on practical practice with guidance from teacher. (This is an interactive class)
- Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Usui/Holy Fire III Reiki Level 1 Placement
- Usui/Holy Fire III Reiki Level 1 Certificate
This class is taught by two Usui/Holy Fire III Reiki Masters, Affiliate Members of the Reiki Membership Association.
Price includes all course materials. Class size is limited. Considerations: You will be giving and receiving Reiki, and meditations are a part of this class so comfy clothes are encouraged. Breaks and 1 hour lunch break are scheduled throughout the day, you are welcome to bring snacks or a lunch- refrigerator and microwave are available if needed or you are welcome to visit surrounding food establishments during lunch break.